[SeniorTech] Re: good virus program

  • From: Rebecca Duncan <duncareb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 08:02:22 -0500

I know most of the users on this list are PC people, but I have a Mac.  Would
you make the same recommendation for a Mac?

Thanks,
Rebecca

From: jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SeniorTech] Re: good virus program
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 21:04:34 -0400

Message

Bob...

1. I
recommend the free antivirus program "AVG." (You can download it at
www.download.com) Even MY "tech guy"
(everyone has one, right?) recommends AVG. Be sure to completely delete any
current antivirus program you're using, then restart your computer before
installing any new antivirus program. Why? You should not have more than ONE
antivirus program on your computer. They "fight" with each other and neither
one
will work properly.

2. If
you are SURE you have a virus, you MAY have to take it into a shop and have it
cleaned. But before you do that, try using "Trend Micro's" online antivirus
scan. It's at: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Hope
this helps.

Jerry Taylor