[SeniorTech] Fw: [RE]Re: Got any "local words"?

  • From: "Diana McNamara" <dmcnamara1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:02:42 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

 I am from Texas. We call those long sandwiches Po' Boys.  We say "you want
a Coke" for any "soda".   We ride the bus and say "we'll be back directly",
meaning in a little while.  A restroom is a public version of the bathroom
one has at home.   When we are talking for a short period of time, we are
visiting".  A photograph is a picture.  A woman carries items in her Purse.

Diana Mcnamara
dmcnamara1@xxxxxxxxxxx