[seedit] Re: SEEdit 8.1.0

  • From: Chuck Miller <chuckmiller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 09:10:23 -0500

On Apr 7, 2012, at 7:18 AM, Jim Bauer wrote:

> Happy Easter Sven ! (and others)

I echo echo echo the sentiment...

And I have a question about working with code from WordPress.

WordPress has what they call pages. But a WP page file (as seen and edited in
the WP Dashboard) only contains a PHP file (I think it is) for the distinctive
content on that page. Other PHP files for header, footer, sidebars, page format
are combined together to show the complete website page when called.

I find it tricky at best to troubleshoot code in the WP Dashboard. So I try
SEEdit and other stand alone editors. The new Validator makes SEEdit even more
attractive and useful.

But the code from a WP page is incomplete. No doctype. No access to the CSS
stylesheet. Etc. Etc.

Finally, here comes my question.

Does it make sense to view the webpage being worked on in one's browser. Then

Then use the Validator? And correct mistakes. And have to go back to the source
PHP and CSS files and make the appropriate corrections there?

Or is that the long way around, and one should just submit the website page to
W3C or some such. And try to fix the errors?

I hope anyone with a good WordPress workflow will comment here. TIA....
Chuck M