[securitywatch] Re: tunneling through firewall ?

  • From: securitywatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: securitywatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:50:09 -0500 (CDT)

Hello All

Yes it's teorecticly 101% posible. most of the new firewalls have this
options.
Exemple: linux firewall,with port forwarding si some special; settings if
someone has as firewall = a router , he must put on it forward on port &
ip.
Let's say: 11.11.11.11 port 80 but from this port the firewall doaes/t let
you to di that beacause u have an internal ip: ( 10.1.1.1 ). but u when u
access 11.11.11.11 u set it: if he gets requests from port 80 to send tham
at the intern ip 10.1.1.1 on port 22. but that depens what firewall u use,
what kind of information u want to send & recive, on what ports, ect but i
think that it's very posible but u need a good configuration. But
remember: not all firewalls have port forwarding
That is my opinion. Don't accept it if it's wrong :)

cheers!
Amigo_X