[seaventures] Re: ear plugs and diving

  • From: jeshanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: seaventures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 06:46:51 -0700 (PDT)

I read this entire article and the responses at the end. I think they may have
sold this guy the wrong plugs.  I have been diving with Docs ProPlugs for more
than 3 years at depths up to 130' and have never had a problem.  It may be
possible that even with the right plugs, a manufacturer defect could have taken
place and the vent was blocked.  I do believe that it was rather irresponsible
of this person to slam a specific product by name, on an internet bulletin
board without specific proof.  I would not be surprised if Doc's does not take
some action in rebuttal.  I think these plugs are awesome and work well.  I
also check the plugs regularly, just like any other piece of equipment before a
dive and make sure the vents are open.  Just my two cents, hope everyone is
doing well.