[seaventures] One Open Seat on U-853 Dive

  • From: William Chadwell <wrchadwell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Tom Edwards <taedwards@xxxxxxx>, Craig Goheen <1goheen@xxxxxxxxx>, Al Gordon <aljr@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Bill King <wcking01@xxxxxxx>, Steven Long <doc3052@xxxxxxxxx>, Tim Manville <tmanville@xxxxxxx>, Stan Melton <stan.melton@xxxxxxx>, Peter Peril <peril.pfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jared Rosenquist <mbfybf@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Sea Ventures <seaventures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:07:22 -0400

We just had one seat open up on the July 24th charter to dive the U-853.  The
boat leaves out of New London, CT.  We'll be doing a two-tank charter to the
wreck, which lies in 130 fsw (deck is at ~115 fsw).  This is the only Type IX
U-Boat within recreational diving limits in the world (I think);  certainly on
the US East Coast.  It has two very large blast holes, one forward and one aft,
that allow visual examination of the U-Boat's interior.

The open seat goes to whomever replies back to me first.  A fast response is
required, since we need to get payment in to the charter operator this week.

Thanks -

Bill Chadwell
SSI Advanced Open Water Instructor
Sea Ventures, Inc.
www.SeaVentures-Scuba.com

Please send all replys to seaventures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you need to contact the Administrator of the list then email Craig at
cgoheen(at)gmail.com
Sea Ventures List Serve Message