[seaventures] Herman Tessman Burial

  • From: "Greg Justice" <wanderfoot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seaventures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:14:23 -0400

At 10am today the procession wound its way through Arlington National
Cemetery to the section where the Army Band members have their final resting
place. Our purpose was to take Herman Tessman to his final resting place.
Herman received a burial with full honors, 21 gun salute, the army band
played and the lone sentry played taps. It was a very moving event that
easily brought me to tears. His final resting place is beautiful. Situated
under the spreading branches of a White Oak that must easily be 160 yrs. old
near the crest of a hill looking down toward the Potomac River he will take
his final rest and I'm sure he will rest well.

--
Life is a fluid mosaic with dynamic parameters.