This Weekend Trip - Camporee - April 29

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:52:30 -0400

This weekend will be a great opportunity for our scouts at the Old North
State Council Camporee http://www.onscamporee.com/. Several leaders from
the council have been planning this event for over two years and it's
going a trip that our boys will remember for a long time.

Time: Meet at the scout hut at 4:30 Friday

What to bring:

1.       Camporee cost: $23 (check to Troop 17), each scout should also
bring money for breakfast on the way home Sunday and spending money for
snacks at the camporee.

2.       Permission / Code of Conduct forms: please print the attached
permission form / code of conduct and return to us - Both SCOUT and
PARENT sign this form.

3.       Health Forms: (Attached) All participants including Boy Scouts,
Leaders, Advisors and Parents will need to complete sections A and B for
participation in the Camporee. No doctor signature is required, but
Troop 17 will need a doctor's signature for summer camp.

4.       Dress: wear your class A uniform on Friday

5.       Food:

a.       Friday dinner bring a sub sandwich

b.      Saturday breakfast and lunch, each scout needs to bring what
they plan to cook. We will have a stove for them to use but they will
need to bring a mess kit (can be purchased at Wal-Mart) to prepare their
food.

c.       Saturday dinner, foil pack (Google "foil pack recipes" - there
are thousands to choose from.

d.      Sunday breakfast, bring money for a biscuit on the way home

Leaders

1.      Hal Bates

2.      John Maynard

3.      Wendell Royster

4.      Jim Butler (Friday)

5.      Tee Lander (Saturday)

Scouts

1.      Watson Lander

2.      John Charles Steele

3.      Jack  Watt

4.      Will Watt

5.      Clay Sommer

6.      Zack DuPree

7.      Jalen Long

8.      Robert Wallis

9.      Grayson Butler

10.  Matthew Christman

Please let me know of any additions or deletions.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court