T17 - Wilderness Survival Campout

  • From: "John Maynard" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 20:51:50 -0400

Date: From - Oct 19 To Oct 21

Time: Meet at Hut - 4:30p

Return: Lunch Time

Location: Troop 65, Scout Hut on Haw River, Saxapahaw, NC

Trip Cost: $0

Registration: Online Registration Form
<http://www.scouttroop17.org/permission>

Planning Meeting: Tuesday Meeting Prior to trip (Important for scouts
attendance)

Hello Folks, we are ready for the next outdoor experience.  We will be
completing the Wilderness Survival Merit Badge.  The scouts have been
learning the skills of fire building, shelter building, cooking along with
many other survival skills.  This weekend, they will be passing off these
skills which are required for this merit badge.  There are several items
that are needed on this trip:

Needed Items:

*         Purchase mess kit (required)

*         One soda can

*         Chocolate bar

*         Cotton balls with Vaseline / dryer lint

*         Magnifying glass

*         Steel wool / brillo pad

*         9v battery

*         Trail bar that has foil wrapping

*         Homemade survival kit as discussed in mb pamphlet (required)

Meal Prep

Friday

          Dinner: Sub Sandwich

Saturday

          Breakfast: Will Discuss Menu at Prep Meeting - all meals cooked
over wood fire, no pop tarts, muffins, donuts, etc.

          Lunch: Will Discuss Menu at Prep Meeting

          Dinner: Will Discuss Menu at Prep Meeting

Sunday

          Breakfast: Leaders will provide

Registration is required (do not reply to this email for registration) and
it is helpful to register for each trip as soon as possible in order help us
better plan for attendance and transportation.  Simply click on the link to
fill in the web form at: www.scouttroop17.org/permission  (Adults need to
register - 1 form per person)

Helpful Web Links:

*         T17 Camping Page
<https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/camping/campinfo/camping-permiss
ion>   (lots of good stuff here)

*         Packing List
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XoSFIAuQkUNWU1MTg2ZWItNGE5Ny00YzZmLThhYzU
tY2NiOTU1MTk1NWY3/edit?hl=en_US>

*         Electronics
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5fu3ASweR4cYjNhOGYwNWUtNTQ2Zi00MzExLWI1NzI
tMGI1ZGY0Mjk0NzFj/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CIXC47IB> & Cellphone Policy

Don't forget your Nalgene Bottles!

Yours in Scouting!

John Maynard