T17 - Dan River Canoe Adventure

  • From: "John Maynard" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 16:51:23 -0400

Hello Folks!

Well, this is our last trip before Summer.  I'm bummed, but, soon we will be
playing at Camp Cherokee.  But more on that later.

Please join us as we paddle the Dan River next weekend.  We will be base
camping in the Moore's Spring Campground right on the river.  Saturday will
be spent on the river and will return Sunday.  This will be a "wet"
experience, so check out page 3 on our Packing List
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XoSFIAuQkUNWU1MTg2ZWItNGE5Ny00YzZmLThhYzU
tY2NiOTU1MTk1NWY3/edit?hl=en_US>  for needed items.

Next Tuesday's regular troop meeting will be very important for all
attendees to be present so we can cover details, training & instruction for
this trip.

Date: 5/11/12 to 5/13/12 (Normal times - Leave 4:30p Friday   Return noonish
on Sunday)

Location: Westfield, NC

Cost:  TBD (Gas $ plus Sunday lunch on the road)

Registration:  http://www.scouttroop17.org/permission  (separate forms for
each participant, please)

It is appreciated to have all scouts and participating adults to register
for this trip as soon as possible for planning purposes.  Transportation is
our main concern.

You can find more info, maps, files & photos on our website location:
https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/camping/canoeing/dan

John Maynard