[scag] Something Bad and something good.

  • From: Michael Domoney <michael.domoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:38:18 +0100

Hi,

See: http://www.servicepals.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34448

Forums > General > Computer Help, Hints and Tips > removal of sp 2 in xp home

removal of sp 2 in xp home

Question.

Please can anyone help me I am trying to increase my RAM by 500MB but Service
Pack 2
will not let me make any upgrades ect I am reaching the stage of wanting to
throw my Pc out of the window I am running XP Home.

Answer.

Go to control panel. At the top Add/Remove programs, scroll down to the Windows
SP2 bit and click-on remove.

If you have SP1 then just run that.....also, if you have all necessary security
soft, anti virus, firewall etc you do not need to worry too much about SP2.
Have had a lot of reports of this, but I use the Pro Corp edition which is
almost, for microsoft, fault free.
Thereafter, just go to the Microsoft website and upgrade all vulnerability
patches.

How do peeps live with this ?

It would drive me nuts having to Un-install an update just to install more RAM
!!!

AND

Then have to re-install progs On-Line to make the system secure On-Line !!!

-----

Also

For something completly different.

See:http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/creatures/

"Ever wonder what's lurking within the dark corners, nooks and crannies of your
computer? Is some gremlin responsible for all those crashes---you know, the
ones that happen when you are trying to save that critical document you've been
working on so diligently for the past three hours? We wondered too, so we took
a look to see what we could find. And guess what? When we put the computer
chips under the microscope we found some very interesting creatures hiding
there.

Our search has led to a new collection of photomicrographs (photographs taken
through a microscope) featuring many of the interesting silicon creatures and
other doodling scribbled onto integrated circuits by engineers when they were
designing computer chip masks. The tiny creatures are far too small to be seen
with the naked eye, so we have provided high-magnification photomicrographs to
share these mysterious wonders with our visitors. Engineers designing modern
computer chips have a very rich sense of humor as you will discover when you
visit our Silicon Creatures Gallery that we keep corralled in the Silicon Zoo.
We hope you enjoy your adventure!"

Kind Regards, Michael

aka rockape