[sarcmembers] SBARC t hunt

  • From: "David Dowler" <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 21:57:17 -0700

All

On August 14th there will be a couple transmitter hunts at the SBARC swap
fest. My correspondence with the hidden T is shown below. I would like to
possibly form a couple of teams from our ranks to participate. Let me know
if you are interested via email or at the next club meeting on the 7th.

73     Dave KA6BFB

The prize for the first place winner is going to be the new Yaesu VX-3R Dual
Bander. It will be handed to the first to find the T. No other prize will be
awarded to runners-up.

The hunt will be free but there will be a sign-in sheet for the hunt. No
promise is being made that the signal will be heard from the starting point.

The hunters are advised to bring their best weapons.  I believe that the
most fun will be had by the hider of the T, and that would be me!

There will also be the on-foot hunt on the grounds of the Earl Warren
Showgrounds and a prize will be awarded to the winner of that hunt. An

MFJ-108 Dual Digital Clock will be awarded to the winner of that hunt which
will begin at exactly 4PM. The on-foot or beginners' hunt will be on the
site of the Hamfest.

The advanced hunt will be a timed tunt -- the shortest time wins all.

The boundaries will be the Ventura County line to the east, the Pacific
Ocean to the south, Camino Cielo at the top of the ridge behind Santa
Barbara to the north and the Gaviota Tunnel to the west. I can guarantee you
that the hidden T will be in there somewhere!

I hope (believe) you will find it challenging.

Remember to sign up to participate in the hunt in Warren Hall at the
Showgrounds.

Good Luck to you all,

Darryl Widman, KF6DI

SBARC Hamfest T-Hunt