[sanesecurity] Re: scan.ndb fails a simple test; discarding

  • From: "Mike Abraham" <Mabraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:02:05 -0500

Thank you for replying Steve

I have the "fetch-sanesecurity-sigs" script running via CRON job.

It's getting it's signatures from:
mirror="rsync://rsync.sanesecurity.net/sanesecurity"
Looks like this is the function that tests the ndb file:

 # Test the database by asking ClamAV to check something with it
        ### if ! clamscan --quiet --database="$db" < /dev/null
        if ! /usr/local/bin/clamscan --quiet --database="$db"
        then
                echo "ERROR: $db_name fails a simple test; discarding" >&2
                continue
        fi

Mike Abraham
Conestoga College

>>> "Steve Basford" <steveb_clamav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2/25/2010 4:25 AM >>>
> If a single ndb file fails a simple test (don't know what that test is),
> can I simply purge that file & have the next update refresh it ?
>
> Logs show the file has been failing for sometime now, and finally getting
> to fixing it:
>
> rogue.hdb is already up-to-date; skipping
> ERROR: scam.ndb fails a simple test; discarding
> `/var/cache/sanesecurity/scamnailer.ndb' ->
> `/var/lib/clamav/sanesecurity-scamnailer.ndb'
> spam.ldb is already up-to-date; skipping
> spamimg.hdb is already up-to-date; skipping

Hi Mike,

Which script are you using?

Cheers,

Steve