[sanesecurity] Re: Script updated: unofficial-clamav-sigs.sh (v2.1b)

  • From: Bill Maidment <bill.maidment@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:19:01 +1100

Bill Landry wrote:
Bill Maidment wrote:

A little while back, I requested the definitions of the signature URLs
# Unofficial signature database provider URLs
ss_url="rsync.sanesecurity.net"
msrbl_url="rsync.mirror.msrbl.com"
si_url="clamav.securiteinfo.com"
mbl_url="www.malware.com.br/cgi/submit?action=list_clamav"
be moved to the configuration file. You replied that they were being
moved there.
But they are still in the main script. Is this an oversight?
Cheers
Bill

Hi Bill,

Sorry for not following up on this.  I decided not to place them in the
config file because if someone changes them, that will cause my script
to fail in a few places, including the database downloads.

What I could do is add a variable to the config file that would allow
you to add URLs or IP addresses, including the path/file-name, and that
would all you to add locations/files to the script.  Something like:

# Additional TYPE://URL-or-IP/PATH/FILE-NAME (use * in place of
FILE-NAME to get all files, but ONLY if using rsync).
# Examples:
add_dbs="
   rsync://10.10.10.50/new-1.hdb
   rsync://10.10.10.50/new-2.ftm
   rsync://abc.example.net/pub/*
   http://xyz.example.com/new-2.ndb
   ftp://my.source.org/pub/new-3.ldb
"

Would something like that work?  If so, let me know and I'll see if I
make that work for the next release.
I'm not sure that would work, as I need to REPLACE the definitions, rather than add to them. If you could move the default definitions earlier in the script, so that any definition in the config file would supersede them, that would work for me and you.
Cheers

--
Bill Maidment
IT Department