[sanesecurity] Re: Script Updated: unofficial-clamav-sigs.sh (v2.7)

  • From: Bill Maidment <bill.maidment@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:59:23 +1100

Bill Landry wrote:
Bill Maidment wrote:
2. Could you please include the version number in the tar ball name.

I did that originally when I packaged the first tar ball, however, it
caused a problem for folks linking to the download from the SaneSecurity
"Usage" site.  So Steve asked me to keep the package name the same
across updates for ease of download for everyone.  However, as you know,
the package does untar to a directory with the version number in it.

Would a symbolic link from the generic name to the full name work in this situation?
No worries really. I'll just rename the tar ball when I download it.

--
Bill Maidment
IT Department

PH: +61 (0)2 9927 3234