[sanesecurity] Re: New SecuriteInfo.com URLs

  • From: "Bill Landry" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:22:34 -0700

On Thu, May 27, 2010 9:31 am, George R. Kasica wrote:
> Just a quick (and probably stupid) question.....once I comment out an
> entry like say the 3 items below...how do I clean up the directory
> structure to not use the old files sitting there from the past when
> they were being downloaded...or will the script do that on its own???
> I'm asking because this is the first time I've turned something OFF
> that had been ON....and I have about a dozen boxes that will need some
> type of cleanup potentially.

I guess it really depends on what script you're using.  The
clamav-unofficial-sigs script will automatically remove databases that are
removed from the script's configuration file.  Don't know about any of the
other scripts.

I'll work on getting an updated script released soon to accommodate the
SecuriteInfo signature database changes.

Bill