[sanesecurity] Re: False positive Sanesecurity.Jurlbl.Auto.8c755e1f4b0a15ee58be79596a4ee9dd

  • From: Bill Landry <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:22:48 -0700

Steve Basford wrote:

> Wolfgang Zeikat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> a legitimate and wanted mail was hit here by
>> Sanesecurity.Jurlbl.Auto.8c755e1f4b0a15ee58be79596a4ee9dd
>>
> Fixed.
>
> It also matches INetMsg.SpamDomain-2w.l-finance_com (Bill is looking at
> that at the moment)

As Steve pointed out to me off-list, even though this domain is is
listed on several URIBLs, when used in a ClamAV signature, it is also
matching on legitimate sites due to the fact that ClamAV does not
support delimiters or word boundaries within their signatures.

For this reason, I have also removed this domain from my signature files.

Bill