[sanesecurity] Re: Errors

  • From: Bill Landry <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:29:15 -0700

Doc Schneider wrote:
> Oh and using clamav 0.95.1 on CentOS 5.2
>
> Doc Schneider wrote:
>> I've got a server that keeps getting these errors. Using Bills
>> unofficial sigs script v 2.7
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Stopping Clam AntiVirus Daemon: [FAILED]
>> Starting Clam AntiVirus Daemon: LibClamAV Error: cli_loadmd5:
>> Malformed MD5 string at line 95073
>> LibClamAV Error: cli_loadmd5: Problem parsing database at line 95073
>> LibClamAV Error: Can't load /var/clamav/securiteinfo.hdb: Malformed
>> database
>> ERROR: Malformed database
>> [FAILED]

Doc, can you provide the output from:

   ls -l /var/clamav/securiteinfo.hdb

and (adjust path to match your "ss-dbs" working directory location):

   ls -l /usr/unofficial-dbs/ss-dbs/securiteinfo.hdb

and:

   unofficial-clamav-sigs.sh -s securiteinfo.hdb

I'm wondering why this file appears to not be updating, as the issue you
report above was resolved by newer signature updates from SecruiteInfo
for securiteinfo.hdb.

Bill