[SAN] Neurofeedback in schools - new research paper

  • From: Foksfam@xxxxxxx
  • To: san-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:37:26 EDT

The research I conducted for my psychology masters in 2003  was published by
the  British Psychological Society  in the journal of Educational & Child
psychology last Saturday.  Whilst it doesn't add anything much to  the body of
information on neurofeedback, it does support the case for setting
neurofeedback in an educational context. So it might be worth a look for anyone
 working
in that field.

The publication has been greeted with  a modest flurry of press interest -
including these so far...

_http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/antenna/braingame/_
(http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/antenna/braingame/)

_http://212.67.202.8/~seced/news/article.php?nID=261_
(http://212.67.202.8/~seced/news/article.php?nID=261)

_http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=MK118160F&news_headline=electrodes_o
n_the_scalp_to_help_hyperactive_kids_
(http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=MK118160F&news_headline=electrodes_on_the_scalp_to_help_hyperactive_kids)

Bev Steffert, Tony Steffert and I will be exhibiting Educational NeuroCare
(_www.educationalneurocare.co.uk_ (http://www.educationalneurocare.co.uk) )  at
the NASEN TES Special Needs exhibition in Islington again this year (stand
12) October 21-22.

Best wishes

Melissa Foks

 (http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/antenna/braingame/)