[samscommunity] Richland One Workshop Open to Parents and Employees (FREE)

  • From: "WANDA WYLIE" <wwylie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <samscommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:15:22 -0500

Parents,

Richland County School District One has offered a unique opportunity to gain
information to assist with your child's education at no cost to you.  The
annual "Closing the Achievement Gap" conference will be held on Saturday, March
16 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at the Columbia Convention Center, 1101 Lincoln
Street, Columbia, SC 29201. Lunch is provided.  This conference focuses on
Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships to eliminate the achievement gap.

There will be special sessions with national speakers from the educational
community who have studied and proven that their methods will work.

Dr. Marcia Tate, Preparing Children for Success and Life  (Session A3
10:20-11:20 a.m.)

Dr. Rita Pierson, Meeting the Educational and Social Needs of African American
Males (Session B1  11:25-12:35 p.m.)

Dr. Leonard Sax, What Parents Need to Know About Social Media and Video Games
(Session C2   1:50-3:00 p.m.)

In addition, we will have sessions by local educators on a variety of related
topics.

Please note that there is no registration fee for parents wishing to attend the
Closing the Achievement Gap Conference on March 16, 2013.  Your completed
registration form should be faxed to 231-6789 or e-mailed to
kmcbride@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Again,  sign the attached registration form and fax
or email it Ms. McBride.

W. Wylie

Ms. Wanda Wylie
Eighth Grade ELA
St. Andrews Middle School
1231 Bluefield Road
Columbia, SC 29210
803-731-8910 ext. 3215
803-731-8913 (Fax)

~ "I'm not an overachiever; I just work hard." - Dr. Donna Ford, 2011

 Richland County School District One provides
employee e-mail access for administrative and
instructional uses only. E-mail correspondence
to/from Richland County School District One is
 considered public information and is subject
to release under the South Carolina Freedom Of
   Information Act or pursuant to subpoena.