[SACNews] SACNews - July Issue

  • From: Rick Tejera <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SACNews <sacnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:32:19 -0700

All,
  The July 2005 issue is here and ready for your enjoyment.

In this issue:

1) Our esteemed Vice President presents some info on an issue that is
   of vital importance to the club; incorporation.  There are several
   reason why this is being discussed and ultimately, the membership will
   decide, so please read Jenn's statement and look over the proposed
   amendment to the constitution (on page 3).  You can follow the
   discussion on the FreeLists SAC-Board archive.  Please read this
   information, and if you have any input yea or nay, don't be shy about
   sharing your concerns.
     //www.freelists.org/archives/sac-board/07-2005/threads.html
2) NASA's Space Place talks about how they moved a giant antenna for
   the Deep Space Network
3) This months installment of Last Call features members' observations
   from the constellation Hercules, Seems the recent spate of good weather
   has led to  a lot of observations.  Up next month is Draco and
   September will feature Objects in Sagittarius.  The objects for both
   of these constellations are in this months column.  Update your
   observing list and get and, Well, Observe.
4) Steve Snyder talk about SAC's participation at the Arizona Science
   Center's Deep Impact Public event.
5) Sue Pritchard presents the minutes of the June meeting.
6) A double dose of Astronerds this month.
7) A reminder that the August meeting is at the Arizona Science Center.
   Space artist Robert McCall will be our speaker.  I've included
   directions and a map.

Here are the links:

PDF File:  http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2005/SACnews0705.pdf
Zip file:  http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2005/SACnews0705.zip