[sac-forum] Saguaro Astronomy Club Meeting - September 28th, 2012

  • From: Mike Wiles <mikewilesaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:50:05 -0700

Hello all,

Please join us this Friday, September 28th for the meeting of the Saguaro
Astronomy Club.
This month we are having our annual members as speakers meeting.  Club
President Chris Hanrahan will start the festivities by dressing in a bear
suit and riding around the room on a unicycle while we raffle opportunities
to knock him from his rolling perch with a 13mm Nagler (Type 1).  Tickets
start at $20 per throw.

Now, because somebody will take this seriously if I don't say this - I am
joking about this.  We won't be charging for tickets.

After that, we're prepared with the following ten minute presentations:

Steve Coe - Recent Observations
Steve Dodder - How Not To Build a Dome
Mike Collins - Recent images
Dick Harshaw - Optical Double Observation Techniques
Tom Polakis - 2012 All Arizona Globular Marathon
Paul Lind - Images from the Astrograph
We do still have openings for a couple of other presentations if anyone
else is interested in presenting.  The SAC meeting is held at Grand Canyon
University at 7:30 p.m.  Here are the directions.

http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/Meetings.htm

Thanks,

Mike Wiles
Vice President