[sac-forum] Re: Saddle Mountain Tonight--directions

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:46:20 -0700

Howdy all;

I will post the directions one last time.  Hope to see lots of folks there.

I am going to head out early and scout around the area some more.

See you there;

Steve Coe

Directions to Saddle Mt. Site

Altitude 1030 Ft.   N 33 21.147   W 112 59.756

Drive west on I-10 to the Wintersburg Rd. Exit, this is Exit 98.  Turn left
(south) over the freeway and you will be driving directly toward the domes
of the Palo Verde Power Station.  Drive for 9.1 miles until you reach a "T"
at Elliot Rd.  Turn right (west) on Elliot Rd.

** For the return trip, notice that Wintersburg Road has become 383rd Ave.**

Drive west on Elliot Rd for 5 miles until you reach mile marker zero.
Careful as you drive along Elliot Rd. there is a severe dip and a cattle
guard that needs to be taken at a SLOW speed.

The road turn sharply right, but you go straight onto a dirt road with
telephone poles on the left side.  There are two dips to negotiate, the
second is the most severe.  Just as you come out of the second dip there is
a 45 degree angle road to the right, take it.  This dirt road is wide and
pretty smooth, it does NOT have the telephone poles on its left side.  After
cresting a small hill travel a total of 0.6 miles from the turn.  There is a
white rock marker on the left and room for lots of telescopes.