[sac-forum] Road to Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:40:41 -0700

Howdy all;

I was already at Hovatter Road, so I decided to drive down and see how the
road to our observing site at Sentinel is for the star party next month.

The short answer is:  I have seen it worse and I have seen it better.  There
is some significant washboard, but it is in 3 places or so and none of them
is too bad.  The observing site does have a couple of ruts where a truck
with big tires had some fun in the mud.  But, overall I think we are OK.

See ya for Nov. 17-18;

Steve Coe