[sac-forum] Re: Request for Star Party volunteers: All Saint's Episcopal Day School Star Party - October 21, 2008...

  • From: "Charlie & Anne" <c2h2a2r2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:41:18 -0700

Chris,

I was hoping to make it, but I can't.
Looks like you have 3 or 4 other volunteers to help.
Hope you all have a great time.

Charlie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hanrahan" <chris.hanrahan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, October 21st 2008
Setup Arrival Time: Please plan to arrive around 6:30p to set up your
equipment; parents and students have been informed the event will start
around 7pm
Total Run Time: approximately 2 hours (7:00pm to 9:00pm)
Estimated Number of People:  There are 50 fifth graders and all their
families were invited but not all will attend.  Our contact will probably
also invite the more interested 6th graders and their families.  As the
event is not mandatory for her students, the estimate is approximately 75 to
125 people total.
Format: Casual.  No formal programs.  Simply setup and answer questions.
Special Requests: Our contact said the students had the opportunity to view
Jupiter last year and it was a huge hit.  She's looking for us to show
Jupiter again, as well as any other interesting objects.  I think we can
find a few.  :)
Notes:  This class of fifth graders is just starting to learn about
astronomy so this will be more of an introduction to astronomy & telescopes.

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to contact me on or
off forum.
If any new information becomes available, I'll be sure to share it.
As we get closer to the date, I will send out a reminder on SAC-Foum.

Thanks in advance for helping out!
Regards,
Chris Hanrahan
SAC School Star Party Coordinator