[sac-forum] Re: Mini-Orion Asterism in SAC Database

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 09:02:17 -0700

I cannot embed two JPEGs into my reply.

But at the SAC position, using a 40' x 40' FOV from the Digitized Sky Survey, I
find what could be construed to be a mini-Orion (but you have to stretch the
imagination).  At the MixLab site position, I can pick out the form he shows on
his print, but it is not at all obvious.  The SAC position is much more
Orion-like.

If you'd like a copy of these images, please email me off list
(rharshaw2@xxxxxxx).

Richard Harshaw
Cave Creek, Arizona
Brilliant Sky Observatory