[sac-forum] Re: M20 - Trifid Nebula

  • From: Howard Anderson <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 13:12:19 -0700

Hi Paul,

I will plan to be there.  I have looked further.  I don't
think it is the gears.  There is something "funny" when
the RA is locked down.  There is some sort of unknown
play in an area I cannot get to.  I think I need to separate
the lower part of the base (stationary) from the upper part
of the base (moveable) and somehow see what holds the
thing together.  Something in there has play that should not
have play...

Thanks,

Howard

Paul Lind wrote:

Howard,

Really great image and great guiding.  Regarding the RA gear slop problem,
please stop by tomorrow if you have time. I realize it's a long drive.

Paul