[sac-forum] FRED ESPENAK OCT. 10 EVAC & SAC JOINT MEETING TO BE HELD AT EVAC's PLACE

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:41:30 -0700

THIS MEETING IS ON SAC's REGULAR MEETING DATE AT EVAC's REGULAR MEETING PLACE.

Everyone is welcome to attend (you don't have to be a SAC or EVAC member):

I think most of us know Fred Espenak aka Mr. Eclipse from the eclipse prediction pages he does for NASA.

Fred thinks the upcoming total solar eclipse of 2017 would be a perfect topic for his talk. (We do too!) This eclipse passes through the United States on August 21, 2017.

iiiIMPORTANT!!!: Saguaro Astronomy Club is NOT meeting at GCU on Oct. 10th. We are meeting at EVAC's meeting place Southeast Regional Library in Gilbert. The Southeast Regional Library is located at 775 N. Greenfield Road, Gilbert, 85234. SouthEast corner of Greenfield and Guadalupe. Hwy 60 to Greenfield, South to Guadalupe.

iiiJUST AS IMPORTANT!!!: East Valley Astronomy Club is _NOT_ meeting on the usual 3rd Friday of October. We are meeting on OCTOBER 10TH.

SO...THIS MEETING IS ON SAC's REGULAR MEETING DATE AT EVAC's REGULAR MEETING PLACE.

To reiterate: THIS MEETING IS ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 10, 2014 AT SOUTHEAST REGIONAL LIBRARY 775 N. GREENFIELD ROAD, GILBERT 85234.

Everyone is welcome to join us for a pre-meeting dinner at Old Country Buffet, beginning at 5:30 PM on meeting night. The restaurant is located at 1855 S. Stapley Drive in Mesa, about 5 miles from the library.

SO, DON'T FORGET: THIS MEETING IS ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 10, 2014 AT SOUTHEAST REGIONAL LIBRARY 775 N. GREENFIELD ROAD, GILBERT 85234.

Hoping to see you all there!
Kind regards,
Jennifer Polakis, VP 480 967-1658 M24@xxxxxxx
Saguaro Astronomy Club www.Saguaroastro.org
(&)
Claude Haynes, President 480 221-6209Claude.Haynes@xxxxxxxxxxx
East Valley Astronomy Club http://eastvalleyastronomy.org/

For further information on Fred Espenak:

Astrophotography:        www.AstroPixels.com
Eclipse Photography:  www.MrEclipse.com
Eclipse Predictions:     eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov

The August 21, 2017 U.S. Solar eclipse:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_August_21,_2017
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2017/TSE2017.html

BY THE WAY, FOR OCTOBER 10TH'S MEETING, SAGUARO ASTRONOMY CLUB WILL MEET AT THE SOUTHEAST REGIONAL LIBRARY IN GILBERT; AND EAST VALLEY ASTRONOMY CLUB WILL MEET ON OCTOBER 10TH INSTEAD OF OCTOBER 17TH.