[sac-forum] Re: [AZ-Observing] A question and a request

  • From: "KenGSikes" <kengsikes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Mail List" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EVAC" <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AZ Observing List" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:04:06 -0700

The hobby of amateur astronomy is supposed to be for individual fun and enjoyment of observing the night sky. All this crap about cheating is pure non-sense and who really gives a damn what others think---- I don't and I enjoy using my goto scope to see objects I could not find with setting circles in the 1970's and 80's. In fact I just purchased a new Celestron CGEM-DX with Nexstar + for BETTER GOTO CAPABILITIES.

As far as astro images, in the late 70's early 80's I did astrophotography with both B&W and color film. Bill Andersen and I developed the "Plastic Astrocamera", published in the December 1980 issue of Sky and Telescope. The pretty pictures are nice, but I cannot see those pretty colors in my telescope, so I bypass those posts. I know that the person that took that image has put forth a great efford to obtain the image, but I still cannot see those colors.

Ken Sikes

----- Original Message ----- From: <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>