[sac-board] SAC Budget for 2005?

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:15:01 -0700

What's SAC's budget like for 2005?  I don't think SAC's membership has
seen the budget (let alone approved changes) in two or three years.

Back when I was treasurer, the biggest item in the planning was a
projector with the planned price between $2000 and $4000.  Fortunately for
SAC, the cost of these projectors have declined since then.  Now with the
projector purchase under way and the replacement bulb purchase due soon,
we may well have a surplus of funds remaining.  We may no longer have to
keep the income and outgo balanced for the moment, at least until we reach
a lower balance.

We need to set a budget for the year and try to stick with it.  When Steve
Coe brought in an out-of-town speaker, he had funds available in the
honorarium account (savings from using in-town speakers vs out-of-town).
While I'm not against Jennifer flying in out-of-state speakers, I think
this should be against the honorarium account.

The honorarium, as last approved is $825 (11 months times $75 each).  If
Jennifer wants to add $210 to this budget ($285 - $75), this should be
brought before the membership (to reapprove the $825 yearly budget and add
a one time addition of $225).

Are we going to have a GCSP luncheon this year?