[sac-board] Re: Messier Marathon Site

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:35:08 -0700

Tom, you have hit upon thoughts that have been in my mind since we started
this discussion.  That is the altitude and azimuth for early setters and
late risers.  Actually I was going to wait until a site survey was made to
determine those parameters.

Agree whole heartily about you illusion discussion.

Actually my belief, and it is only a belief perhaps opinion, is that the
mountains to the east are actually more to the south then east or southeast.
I remember, one winter evening watching Canopus pass between the ridges of
the mountains.

So, as you may have realized that if you can make the measurements for these
few objects please do so as I would greatly appreciate it.  Keep in mind
that marathons may take place from mid-March to early April, not sure how
much difference this would be but I know you will consider.

I don't see why something like this shouldn't be done.  It isn't out of the
question.  Please go ahead and work your magic.  I look forward to your
results.

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ