rumprun and libssl

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users <rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 13:35:45 +0000

Hi,

I disabled openssl from the Rumprun base build and added libressl to rumprun-packages. The motivation for the change is probably obvious: there is a continuous stream of vulnerabilities in ssl, and this way it's much easier to update ssl to a non-vulnerable version. Incidentally, feel free to update the package without warning. Also, I wouldn't mind a few co-maintainers for the package.

I would've wanted to add openssl to rumprun-packages to minimize the variables in one step, but I couldn't figure out the openssl build system, so libressl it was. I did add a "which flavour to prefer" toggle, in case someone some days wants to figure out the openssl build system.

There will probably be some fallout. I'll add ssl package dependencies as I find them, most of them hopefully after the next autobuild.

  - antti