[rsc] Re: USSF submission due tomorrow

  • From: Gwylene Gallimard and Jean-Marie Mauclet <jemagwga@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:46:39 -0400

Akudo and Jardin from the Social Forum spent a couple of days in Charleston.

Since then The Charleston Rhizome of Alternate ROOTS submitted a workshop, an art-installation (made of works on fabrics and canvas easily transportable) and a film made of conversations recorded at the World Social Forum in Nairobi. Below is the short description of the workshop proposal:
We will look at how the collective uses videos and batik techniques to capture and energize the journey of the social forums. Examples, discussions, hands on, the future? You comin’? you goin’?...
These ideas and group energy was lead by Arianne King Comer who understood through the discussions with Akudo and Jardin that our group has a special journey to tell and continue. That journey started with the Rhizome participating in SESF Durham, WSF Nairobi and USSF Atlanta.

I am now totally committed to working with The Charleston Rhizome on these projects I am wondering if RSC and the Charleston Rhizome could maybe lead a 4 hour workshop jointly, instead of the 2 hour workshop we have planned (It needs 2 loosely organized groups to propose a 4 hour workshop not only one). It would be very interesting for me as some of the Rhizome practice with films and batik techniques have been used within a few Learning Exchanges or retreats (Atlanta, Lutheridge, Knoxville, New Orleans) and there is a start of analysis of them in the MICA text Hope and I worked on.

I can be free for a couple of hours to-morrow to help this happen.
Thanks. Gwylene

On Apr 24, 2010, at 6:39 AM, Ebony Noelle Golden wrote:

Greetings,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I wanted to check in to see if anyone was interested in submitting a proposal for USSF.  They are do tomorrow.  Although I am not interested in teaching, I will help craft a proposal tomorrow afternoon, I'm free.

Now that I'm thinking about it, don't we need to get back to Ashley about her request as well, when is that due?

Peace.

Bettys Daughter Arts Collaborative
Creating Radical Expressiveness in Community
www.bettysdaughterarts.com
Sent from my Palm Pre

Gwylene Gallimard, Jean-Marie Mauclet
(843) 723 1018