[rsc] RSC Retreat & Culture Works Project report

  • From: Carolyn Morris <carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bob Leonard <robert.leonard@xxxxxx>, <rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marquez Rhyne <marquezrhyne@xxxxxxxxx>, Carlton Turner <carlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ashley Sparks <ashleysparkles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:40:43 -0400

Dear Bob,

Great report!  Thank you Bob and Hope for your efforts, as this is very
exciting for the work of RSC.  I know on the agenda for Monday, August 4th
(see below) as part of the RSC Retreat, we will be discussing moving what
we've learned through the Learning Exchanges forward, as well as future work
of the RSC Program.  I believe this is where we need to feed this discussion
into the process.

Kathie DeNobriga, Carol Marie, and I volunteered to lead this session.  I
have reached out to the respective team members so we can begin thinking
about facilitation for this portion of the retreat.  But for sure, we will
give this document careful consideration toward our future development.
Also, we look forward to welcoming Ashley Milburn to the 32nd ROOTS Annual
Meeting.

AGENDA for the RETREAT

Resources for Social Change
32nd Annual Meeting
RETREAT

Monday, August 4, 2008

1:00 PM         Evaluate Learning Exchanges
·     Benefits to the communities?

·     Benefits to Alternate ROOTS?

·     What have we learned?

(How we conduct this session will come from Sheila Kerrigan, Laura
Schandelmeier, Eleanor, and Carol Marie)

2:30 PM         How to Move Learning to Next Phases of Development
                        (Led by Kathie DeNobriga and Carolyn Morris)

As of this discussion, as put forth on the July 11th conference call, part
of this discussion should include Carolyn's proposal to put out a call to
18-35 year-old people who want to become better cultural organizers to
become part of RSC's younger leadership. Carolyn proposed conducting a fall
Webinar (a seminar that happens at a website that can include document
sharing, online chat forum, video), a winter RSC retreat, a spring retreat,
and summer Gatherings or community learning exchanges at which the new
younger leaders would be shadowing the RSC people who shadowed at this
year's learning exchanges.

4:00 PM         Facilitate, for XCom members who are vague about what RSC
is and does, a learning exchange that would be a sample or
example of what RSC is all about.

5:00 PM

Best,

Carolyn Renée
Executive Director
Alternate ROOTS
1083 Austin Avenue, NE
Atlanta, GA  30307
404-577-1079 [W]
404-577-7991 [Fax]
404-641-3166 [Cell]
carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.alternateroots.org

Time is creativity, and how we use it, can yield prosperity or disparity!
--Carolyn Renée

Creative
Artist
Rendering