[rsc] Conference Call Notes from Today

  • From: Stephen Clapp <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:01:44 -0500

Hi All,

Conference call notes from this afternoon are attached and below.

Peace.
Stephen

---

Alt ROOTS ­ RSC conf call
December 14, 2007 @ 4:30pm

On the call: Kathie deNobriga, Hope Clark, Stephen Clapp & Gwylene
Gallimard.

1.)  Declarations

Is the information useful?  What is next step?
Needs:

* More context about why we¹re asking these questions.
* Address why we are asking these questions and what is the next step.

Process was that we first invite those who were at the recent RSC meeting
for first round.  Next round of declarations is to be open to entire ROOTS
membership - for everyone to be invited.

1st question: Instead of explaining your experience, asking people to
³describe a specific community project.² Purpose of this question is to get
more info about how people engage with community instead of a list of what
people have done.

2nd question: Re-write this question about guiding principles to be directed
more specifically towards community based work.

Additional question: Why are you interested in RSC?

2.)  Dates of Exchange:

Weekend of April 11, 2008 in Atlanta

Based on responses via email from:  Carleton, Gwylene, Luisa Beire, Patton,
Kathie, Laura, Stephen.  FYI - There is a budget for travel.

3.)  C/APP

Hope to call Carlton re: C/APP  - also ask for deadline for next ROOTS
Journal.

4.)  Future is on the Table

Involve artists from different places ­ visual art project. ³Water &
Shelter.² Artists participating in project are coming to Charleston.  Group
of observers - diverse people to look at the process in how it has been
working, with their own relationship to the project ­ also to organize the
closing weekend.

Opening on: September 13, 2008
Closing on:  October 25, 2008

Also, asking Alice Lovelace to participate in the project as an RSC member.
Q: Is Alice Lovelace a member of RSC still or not?  - Note:  we (RSC) have
not yet offered her [along with the rest of the general membership and/or
past active RSC members] the opportunity to declare, even though her
participation has been active in the past.  Q: Can Gwylene ask Alice to
participate as an RSC facilitator?  Also, what does it mean for this project
(or any project) to be an RSC project?  Would it be possible to have one
artist as an RSC mentor (a ³senior² member? ­ someone who has been involved
in RSC for a long time) and an RSC apprentice (a ³newer² member) who
participates in the project as well. Gwylene wants to involve Alice because
of prior relationships.  Gwylene¹s concern is that Alice has not recently
participated in RSC. *General consensus on the call for Gwylene to more
forward in a partnership with Alice and dialogue with her about her
relationship and involvement with RSC.

5.)  Spellman Project

Kathie deNobriga asked by Spellman for this project ­ she is not available
that weekend. Opened to larger membership. How do we prepare ³new² RSC folks
for this work?  This project at Spellman may be a good opportunity for ³new²
RSM members.

Spellman dates: Jan 23 & Jan 30.

---
Stephen Clapp