[roundtable] "Talking Vision" program 235

  • From: "Christine Simpson" <cms.infoalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "RT Member List" <roundtable@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 14:08:54 +1000

Hi all,

Here is the info for this week's 'Talking Vision' program hosted by Stephen
Jolley.

Edition 235 for the week of 29 September 2014

This week, we talk about employment and look ahead to Vision Australia's
Texpo. We here the Vision Australia perspective and find out what is offered
to support people who are blind or have low vision in obtaining and
retaining employment. A highly qualified woman who is blind tells of her
career challenges in an extended conversation with Stephen Jolley. One of
Vision Australia's marketing team, previews Texpo 2014 as this event
showcasing blindness and low vision technology and Vision Australia services
is now only days away.

Program participants are:

.        Nicole Nevin, a Sydney based Service Manager with Vision Australia;

.        Caitlin McMorrow, now a Program Officer with Arts Access Australia;

.        Michelle Ross, a Marketing Advisor with Vision Australia.

You can listen here
<http://cp166026.p1.videos.viostream.com/1917_170406_61250_mp3high.mp3>  to
this week's program or go to the Talking Vision
<http://www.visionaustralia.org/talkingvision>  web page for broadcast
details, an outline of past programs and links to associated audio.

Please spread the word that people can keep in touch with the program
through Twitter by following talkingvision1
<https://twitter.com/#!/TalkingVision1> .

Christine Simpson

Information Alternatives

22 Beaton Street