[rooseveltdadsclub] Upcoming meeting and events

  • From: "The DeCosmo's" <bdecosmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Roosevelt Dads Club" <rooseveltdadsclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:52:00 -0500

Hello Roosevelt Dads,

It has been a couple of weeks since our last communication, but wanted to
update everyone what is coming up.

First, there will be a breakfast meeting this Tuesday at 7:30 in the
cafeteria at school.  Once the kids are off to class, we will have a brief
meeting.  There are three events that we have planned for the upcoming 2-3
months.

The Dads Club bowling day will be on Saturday December 11th at 12 noon.  We
will take names and monies for this event starting Tuesday at the meeting.
We have reserved the entire bowling alley from 12 to 2pm.  We only had 5 or
6 space not filled last year, so sign up early!   The cost is $10 per
person, which includes as much bowling as you can stand, beer and soda,
entry for the kids for door prizes and highest score contest and entry for
the highest score contest for any Dad. Also, if you would like to paired off
with another family, just let me know and we can get you on adjacent lanes
or the same lane depending on the number of people.

The next event will be our 2nd annual poker tournament.  The date will be
January 15th.  More information will be forthcoming but hold the date for
that event.  This event is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.  Invite
your friends, wives family, whomever!  Last year was a great time and we had
nothing but nice things said about this event.  We will be holding it at
Derby Lane again and look forward to seeing everyone there!

The third event is our golf tournament.  That will be on February 25th at 1
pm at Bay Pines Golf Course at MacDill AFB.  We are in need of a golf
chairperson to coordinate this event and also we are in need of some
sponsorship.  Anyone who interested in being the a sponsor or helping
coordinate, please let me know.

Also, don't forget this Wednesday is Spirit Night at Beef O'Brady's on
MacDill.  Come have dinner and a portion of all money spent at Beef's is
donated back to the Dads Club!

And finally, thank you to all of the Dads who helped out last month at the
PTA auction.  I have included a note from Mindy Taylor that she asked to
forward to everyone.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for once again mobilizing the guys to bar tend and for
coordinating the coolers and dry ice for the event.  The help with clean-up
was incredible!  Could you forward this message to all the dads?

Dear Dad's Club,

Thank you for your help in making Destination Havana a tremendous success!
Thank you for the loan of your coolers and thank you to Brian for providing
the dry ice.  You are master bar tenders and we greatly appreciate your
service!  It was hard work to keep all the thirsty patrons taken care of, I
know you were working up a sweat!  The help with clean-up was incredible,
thank you for your support and your commitment to the Roosevelt Community!

Mindy Taylor

See you all Tuesday!
Brian