[rollei_list] Re: xenotar 2.8f vs planar 2.8f, an answer from Prochnow

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 22:12:04 +0000 (GMT)

I asked to Herr Claus Prochnow about this issue some
months ago and he answered me that there are no
practical differences between the Xenotar and Planar
lenses used for the Rolleiflex cameras regarding
quality. The tolerance Rollei factory required from
Zeiss and Schneider were the same and Rollei tested
the lenses in the same Zeiss K-6 tester machine,
sometimes some lenses were closer to the tolerance
limits than others, but it was applied for Schneider
and Zeiss lenses, it means it could be very slight
differences regarding individual lenses Xenotar and
Planar; however most lenses Planar and Xenotar are
made on the Rollei tolerance limits, Zeiss and
Schneider used these tolerance limits all the time.-

All the best

Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo! Móvil.
Obtenelo en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar