[rollei_list] ...was NEW AD... Rollei tripods

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 15:27:00 -0300

2010/12/26 Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
 >...We have pretty well pounded the gearhead side of
> Rolleiflex to the ground though Carlos keeps reminding us of accessories of
> which most of us have never heard...

It's very difficult to find a Rollei topic this list did not discuss
deeply along the years and then some off topic issue once in a while
does not bother and could be interesting within some limits IMO.

F&H/F&H-Rolleiwerke produced a good number of camera prototypes and
accesories prototypes ready for production or almost ready for
production they did not manufacture for the market for different
reasons, and then I recall some of them sometimes according my
knowledge and sources, f.e. there was a very interesting TLR prototype
"Rolleiflex 1000" with Cds lightmeter and 1/1000 shutter speed Rollei
did not manufacture because their efforts were dedicated to the SL66
and Rollei 35 and SL35 production.

After the decision about to abort the Circular Tripod Head and Tripod
legs project commented yesterday, F&H Rollei no longer developed a
tripod for their cameras, however they were interested about them and
in 1977 the Japanese company "Heiwa Seiki Kogyo" (now Libec-Heiwa
Seiki Kogyo: http://www.libec.co.jp/int/index.php) was chosen to
manufacture tripods branded as "Rollei", they were produced up to
1981. These tripods were provided with any kind of movement and
graduated plates for rotating and sideways tilt step-by-step lockable
movements, their height was 63cm folded and 178cm unfolded. There were
four similar models with slight differences: RT1 "Popolar"; RT2
"Custom"; RT3 "Special" and RT4 "Deluxe".
In 1994 Rollei Fototechnic had an agreement with the German company
"Berlebach" to produce Rollei wood tripods, there are three different
models, the biggest one "PT 145" , it has 97cm folded and 145cm
unfolded, its weight is 7500gr., pretty heavy.
Yesterday I bought a Rollei tripod RT4 "Deluxe", it seems to be in
good condition, but I'll see the real condition when I receive it.-