[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Re: Tri-X developer

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 21:42:07 +0200

Pablo, Sanders, Aaron, Marc and Richard,

thanks for the tips on Rodinal.

I spoke with the lab the other day and found that they usually use it 1:25, but the guy there was more than happy to use whatever dilution I prefer for my films. That's customer service! So I plan on taking a few test rolls of APX100 and Tri-X (esp the latter) and try 1:25 (standard), 1:50 and 1:100 to see how things turn out.

Any suggestions for developing times at 1:50 and 1:100? They have a Jobo ATL-1500 they use for processing.

Cheers,
Thor

On 24 May, 2008, at 22:06, Pablo Kolodny wrote:

By the way,

those pictures I've been showing you for the list self portrait project were
shot with a Rollei Retro 100 film souped in Rodinal 1+50.
I've started increasing dilution just for rationalizing the Rodinal bottles I still have because there's no more Rodinal available in Buenos Aires.

Maybe I should go for 1+100 too.

Pablo

sanders@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

The thing about Rodinal is that it will give you
different looks at different dilutions and different
exposures.  You might want to shoot some test
rolls and develop them with different recipes, and
see how you feel about the results.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: