[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Pentacon Six WLF

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:08:54 -0500

During the sixties I actually knew a busy Los Angeles professional photographer who used Pentacon 6. To make it work, he had to own 3 camera bodies; one in hand, one in the shop and one in transit. When Pentax introduced its 67 model, he jumped into that and didn't look back. I believe he shot stills for several studios.

Allen Zak

On Nov 26, 2005, at 12:55 PM, Robert Marvin wrote:

ANYTHING would be better than the Pentacon WLF, beautiful looking (IMO) but almost useless. FWIW my Arax 60 has a very good WLF--because its a close copy of the one on a late Rolleiflex TLR. Although some late model Kiev 60s come with a copy of a Hasselblad WLF).

Bob Marvin

On Friday, November 25, 2005, at 11:02 PM, Nick Roberts wrote:

I have the "modern" Exakta 66 - the replacement for
the Pentacon 6. It's similar in many respects to the
P6, but with a very much brighter screen and a more
usable WLF.

--- Rollei List

--- Rollei List