[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Digest V3 #238

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:13:01 -0400

On 29 Sep 2007, at 02:29, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:

rollei_list Digest      Fri, 28 Sep 2007        Volume: 03  Issue: 238

In This Issue:
                [rollei_list] Rollei 35 Tessar Shots
                [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Classic  and Olympus Stylus
                [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Tessar Shots
                [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Tessar Shots
                [rollei_list] test
                [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Tessar Shots
                [rollei_list] Fw: Re: Re: Rollei 35S, SE
                [rollei_list] Fw: Re: Re: Rollei 35S, SE
                [rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term
                [rollei_list] camera show Sunday Sept. 30, Tyson's Corner, V
                [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Classic and Olympus Stylus
                [rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term
                [rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term
                [rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term
                [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Classic and Olympus Stylus
                [rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term
                [rollei_list] Items FS 28 SEP 2007
                [rollei_list] NEW ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS:  PLEASE READ
                [rollei_list] Erwin Puts Leica CD-Rom
                [rollei_list] FS:  A Book on Non-Leitz LTM Lenses
                [rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term
                [rollei_list] Post-CLA test shots...
                [rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term
                [rollei_list] OT: Film Still Popular Among the Pros - New Yo
                [rollei_list] Re: OT: Film Still Popular Among the Pros - Ne

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:19:29 -0400
From: Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Rollei 35 Tessar Shots

I too have a Rollei 35 (black, Singapore, made by Rollei Tessar
40/3.5).  Its a superb little picture taker with an accurate meter,
extremely flat film gate and sharp little Tessar lens. It is ideal for shooting 400 speed film IMO, which gives you a little more room to stop
down and cover focus errors.

My home town of Port Dover Ontario:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/44/338531303_dceb139e5f_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/338531305_74ac783427_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/338531307_a9cd5d99c2_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/338531311_a484515b29_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/159/338531309_a3d0dea8ef_o.jpg

I also took it on a trip to England last year: (first two Cambridge,
latter three London)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/327200439_995b608443_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/327200446_f9dc3cf184_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/327200440_cb4ded94a9_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/327200448_e9487b2237_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/327200452_6249e7366a_o.jpg

Enjoy!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 05:21:43 -0700
From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Classic  and Olympus Stylus

=20
On Friday, September 28, 2007, at 12:21AM, "Jeff Kelley" <thocker@xxxxxxxxx=
om> wrote:

Larry,
=20
Here's a bit of Olympus Stylus history, including a diagram of the 35mm F2=
.8 lens:
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/stylus/index.html
=20
The Stylus Epic has had its current shape for a lot of years. I don't rec=
all the "Epic" with the f/2.8 having another shape.
=20
Jeff

Looking at that web site, I stand corrected. Mine was the 3.5 not the 2.8 a=
nd, as the web site you gave indicates, it had a different shape.
Thanks for the heads up. Thats a nice piece on the cameras there, tempts me=
 to go out and chase up another one.
All the best
Larry

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:56:22 -0700> From: cuffe@xxxxxxx> To: rollei_li=
st@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Classic and Olympus = Stylus> > > On Thursday, September 27, 2007, at 12:38PM, "Jeff Kelley" <tho= cker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> >> >I have 2 of these. They are called "Olympic S= tylus Epic."> > > >The fixed 35mm lens is pretty incredible. I keep black &= white film in one and color film in the other. I usually grab one or both = whenever I leave the house....> > > >They are still available:> >http://tin= yurl.com/24sltd> > Nah, Thats not it. the original version wasn't so wedge = shaped. This one may have the same lens, and as I recall that some of the o= riginal 2.8's had a problem with the auto focus, so this one may be a bette= r buy, but its not the original.> All the best> Larry Cuffe> ---> Rollei Li= st> > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > - Subscribe at rollei_list-req= uest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' > in the subject field OR by logging in= to www.freelists.org> > - Unsubscribe at rollei_list- request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx = with > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.= org> > - Online, searchable archives are available at> http:// www.freelists=
.org/archives/rollei_list>=20
Discover the new Windows Vista
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=3Dwindows+vista&mkt=3Den- US&form=3DQB=
RE

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 06:49:03 -0700
From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 Tessar Shots

Nice shots Mike!  Really nice!

Richard S.
San Francisco

My Commute Photo Blog
http://shootingonthefly.blogspot.com/

My Flickr Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:01:22 -0700
Subject: [rollei_list] test
From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>

guys, I'm receiving posts,but all mine are bouncing.....

Peter Nebergall

------------------------------

From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:28:12 +0000

Or even better, a Trip 35 - has an f2.8, 35mm and two whole shutter speeds. Althoug I've been finding them for sale for way too much money. Some people are nuts, anything over $20 is too much (and that's even cheaper than the Holgo).

E.

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:50:05 -0700
Subject: [rollei_list] Fw: Re: Re: Rollei 35S, SE
From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:50:55 -0700
From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Richard Sintchak"
Yes, quirky they are. I have a 35T which I find gives
beautiful
images, especially for B&W. Just got a 35S with the
Sonnar lens.
Only a few rolls thru so far so I'm reserving
judgement vs. my Contax
T2 and it's Sonnar lens but my sense is they are
certainly not
identical, or do not seem so. More later on my 35S.

In the meantime here are some images with my 35T and
Tessar lens:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Rollei35T&w=38698047%40N00

Richard S.
San Francisco

My Commute Photo Blog
http://shootingonthefly.blogspot.com/

My Flickr Page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/

On 9/26/07, Roger Wiser wrote:
Jerry, interesting comments. After owning SE, T,
2-S's,
I wished I would have kept the German made model.
They
were well made nice picture takers but had their
quirks.

And ..... I compleltely agree with your analysis
of the ergonomics
and propensity to dent corners, not to mention the
use of flash.
I had two repaired by Harry Fleenor. In spite of
the cost of the
cameras and repairs, my cost and expenses were
adequately
recovered when I sold the cameras on eBay. Foreign
buyers
were seeking then at the time.

I might add that these little cameras held their
value, especially
when I indicated that repairs were by Harry. They
are still
in demand.

Roger

The problem you will find using a separate range
finder is

[...]

______________________________________________________________________ ___
___________
Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/

Mike Bischof
Delhi, India

The Photo Blog of my Indian Adventure:
http://geocities.com/nbg90455/blog.html

------------------------------

From: slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT: meaning of term
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 07:12:26 -0700

I see.
I wonder if the hyphen was dropped typographically by printers who =20
didn't know the term?

s.

On Sep 27, 2007, at 7:50 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

At 10:45 AM 9/26/2007, Allen Zak wrote:
That means he takes measure to protect the right flank of his battle
unit against attack by an enemy. An army in the field has sides, =20
known
as flanks, as well as a front. Those sides are often vulnerable to a
flank attack because most of the weapons and deployment for combat
takes place at the front.

Allen is correct.  "Refuse" was a common tactical and operational =20
term in the days of the US Civil War but has since fallen out of =20
common military use. It is "re-fuse" (as in, "fuse again") and not =20=

"refuse" (as in to decline to do something).  Imagine this:  a =20
battle develops and both sides push off to the flanks in an effort =20
to envelop the enemy.  When one side runs short of troops to =20
continue the line, it will pull back its exposed flank into a loop =20 connecting back to its own line. A fine example is that of Colonel =20=

Chamberlain with the 20th Maine at Little Round Top at Gettysburg. =20=

It worked -- and he refused to the front and not to the rear as was =20=

more commonly done.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!

'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into =20
www.freelists.org

------------------------------

From: "Jerry Laderberg" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] camera show Sunday Sept. 30, Tyson's Corner, Virginia
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:41:29 -0400

Details : www.photorama.com

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:49:40 -0400
From: Michael Eric Berube <pj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Our local pro shop has 5 or 6 left of the black Epics with are non-QD
and a few of the silver QD models still in stock.
Great P&S for film. Can't beat them for less than $100.

Be well,
Michael Eric Berube

Jeff Kelley wrote:

By the way, I found on the Olympus site that the Epic Stylus has been
discontinued so B&H must have some of the last new stock.
<http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx%20>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:57:01 -0400
From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>

TG9va3MgbGlrZSB5b3UgbmVlZCB0byBpbmZvcm0gdGhlIE1lcnJpYW0tV2Vic3RlciBwZW 9wbGUs IHdobyBwcm92aWRlZAp0aGUgZGVmaW5pdGlvbiBhbmQgZGVyaXZhdGlvbi4uLgoKCkVyaW MgR29s ZHN0ZWluCgotLQoKT24gOS8yOC8wNywgc2xvYm9kYW4gZGltaXRyb3YgPHMuZGltaXRyb3 ZAY2hh cnRlci5uZXQ+IHdyb3RlOgo+IEkgc2VlLgo +IEkgd29uZGVyIGlmIHRoZSBoeXBoZW4gd2FzIGRy b3BwZWQgdHlwb2dyYXBoaWNhbGx5IGJ5IHByaW50ZXJzIHdobwo +IGRpZG4ndCBrbm93IHRoZSB0 ZXJtPwo+Cj4gcy4KPgo +IE9uIFNlcCAyNywgMjAwNywgYXQgNzo1MCBQTSwgTWFyYyBKYW1lcyBT bWFsbCB3cm90ZToKPgo +ID4gQXQgMTA6NDUgQU0gOS8yNi8yMDA3LCBBbGxlbiBaYWsgd3JvdGU6 Cj4gPiA +VGhhdCBtZWFucyBoZSB0YWtlcyBtZWFzdXJlIHRvIHByb3RlY3QgdGhlIHJpZ2h0IGZs YW5rIG9mIGhpcyBiYXR0bGUKPiA +ID51bml0IGFnYWluc3QgYXR0YWNrIGJ5IGFuIGVuZW15LiAg QW4gYXJteSBpbiB0aGUgZmllbGQgaGFzIHNpZGVzLAo+ID4ga25vd24KPiA +ID5hcyBmbGFua3Ms IGFzIHdlbGwgYXMgYSBmcm9udC4gIFRob3NlIHNpZGVzIGFyZSBvZnRlbiB2dWxuZXJhYm xlIHRv IGEKPiA +ID5mbGFuayBhdHRhY2sgYmVjYXVzZSBtb3N0IG9mIHRoZSB3ZWFwb25zIGFuZCBkZXBs b3ltZW50IGZvciBjb21iYXQKPiA +ID50YWtlcyBwbGFjZSBhdCB0aGUgZnJvbnQuCj4gPgo+ID4g QWxsZW4gaXMgY29ycmVjdC4gICJSZWZ1c2UiIHdhcyBhIGNvbW1vbiB0YWN0aWNhbCBhbm Qgb3Bl cmF0aW9uYWwKPiA +IHRlcm0gaW4gdGhlIGRheXMgb2YgdGhlIFVTIENpdmlsIFdhciBidXQgaGFz IHNpbmNlIGZhbGxlbiBvdXQgb2YKPiA +IGNvbW1vbiBtaWxpdGFyeSB1c2UuICBJdCBpcyAicmUt ZnVzZSIgKGFzIGluLCAiZnVzZSBhZ2FpbiIpIGFuZCBub3QKPiA +ICJyZWZ1c2UiIChhcyBpbiB0 byBkZWNsaW5lIHRvIGRvIHNvbWV0aGluZykuICBJbWFnaW5lIHRoaXM6ICBhCj4gPiBiYX R0bGUg ZGV2ZWxvcHMgYW5kIGJvdGggc2lkZXMgcHVzaCBvZmYgdG8gdGhlIGZsYW5rcyBpbiBhbi BlZmZv cnQKPiA +IHRvIGVudmVsb3AgdGhlIGVuZW15LiAgV2hlbiBvbmUgc2lkZSBydW5zIHNob3J0IG9m IHRyb29wcyB0bwo +ID4gY29udGludWUgdGhlIGxpbmUsIGl0IHdpbGwgcHVsbCBiYWNrIGl0cyBl eHBvc2VkIGZsYW5rIGludG8gYSBsb29wCj4gPiBjb25uZWN0aW5nIGJhY2sgdG8gaXRzIG 93biBs aW5lLiAgQSBmaW5lIGV4YW1wbGUgaXMgdGhhdCBvZiBDb2xvbmVsCj4gPiBDaGFtYmVybG FpbiB3 aXRoIHRoZSAyMHRoIE1haW5lIGF0IExpdHRsZSBSb3VuZCBUb3AgYXQgR2V0dHlzYnVyZy 4KPiA+ IEl0IHdvcmtlZCAtLSBhbmQgaGUgcmVmdXNlZCB0byB0aGUgZnJvbnQgYW5kIG5vdCB0by B0aGUg cmVhciBhcyB3YXMKPiA+IG1vcmUgY29tbW9ubHkgZG9uZS4KPiA +Cj4gPiBNYXJjCj4gPgo+ID4K PiA+IG1zbWFsbEBheWEueWFsZS5lZHUKPiA +IENoYSByb2JoIGLDoHMgZmlyIGd1biBnaHLDoHMg ZmlyIQo+ID4KPiA+IC0tLQo+ID4gUm9sbGVpIExpc3QKPiA +Cj4gPiAtIFBvc3QgdG8gcm9sbGVp X2xpc3RAZnJlZWxpc3RzLm9yZwo+ID4KPiA +IC0gU3Vic2NyaWJlIGF0IHJvbGxlaV9saXN0LXJl cXVlc3RAZnJlZWxpc3RzLm9yZyB3aXRoICdzdWJzY3JpYmUnCj4gPiBpbiB0aGUgc3Viam VjdCBm aWVsZCBPUiBieSBsb2dnaW5nIGludG8gd3d3LmZyZWVsaXN0cy5vcmcKPiA +Cj4gPiAtIFVuc3Vi c2NyaWJlIGF0IHJvbGxlaV9saXN0LXJlcXVlc3RAZnJlZWxpc3RzLm9yZyB3aXRoCj4gPi AndW5z dWJzY3JpYmUnIGluIHRoZSBzdWJqZWN0IGZpZWxkIE9SIGJ5IGxvZ2dpbmcgaW50bwo +ID4gd3d3 LmZyZWVsaXN0cy5vcmcKPiA +Cj4gPiAtIE9ubGluZSwgc2VhcmNoYWJsZSBhcmNoaXZlcyBhcmUg YXZhaWxhYmxlIGF0Cj4gPiBodHRwOi8vd3d3LmZyZWVsaXN0cy5vcmcvYXJjaGl2ZXMvcm 9sbGVp X2xpc3QKPiA+Cj4KPiAtLS0KPiBSb2xsZWkgTGlzdAo +Cj4gLSBQb3N0IHRvIHJvbGxlaV9saXN0 QGZyZWVsaXN0cy5vcmcKPgo +IC0gU3Vic2NyaWJlIGF0IHJvbGxlaV9saXN0LXJlcXVlc3RAZnJl ZWxpc3RzLm9yZyB3aXRoICdzdWJzY3JpYmUnCj4gaW4gdGhlIHN1YmplY3QgZmllbGQgT1 IgYnkg bG9nZ2luZyBpbnRvIHd3dy5mcmVlbGlzdHMub3JnCj4KPiAtIFVuc3Vic2NyaWJlIGF0IH JvbGxl aV9saXN0LXJlcXVlc3RAZnJlZWxpc3RzLm9yZyB3aXRoCj4gJ3Vuc3Vic2NyaWJlJyBpbi B0aGUg c3ViamVjdCBmaWVsZCBPUiBieSBsb2dnaW5nIGludG8gd3d3LmZyZWVsaXN0cy5vcmcKPg o+IC0g T25saW5lLCBzZWFyY2hhYmxlIGFyY2hpdmVzIGFyZSBhdmFpbGFibGUgYXQKPiBodHRwOi 8vd3d3
LmZyZWVsaXN0cy5vcmcvYXJjaGl2ZXMvcm9sbGVpX2xpc3QKPgo+Cg==

------------------------------

From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:13:37 +0000

Stop blaming the printers!

: )

E.
From: slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I see.
[...]

Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:18:46 -0400
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>

At 12:57 PM 9/28/2007, Eric Goldstein wrote:
Looks like you need to inform the Merriam-Webster people, who provided
the definition and derivation...

Eric

I would suggest that you revisit your library and=20
dig out the notes Tolkien made while serving as a=20
contributing editor to the OED.  He recognized=20
that dictionary definitions can be helpful but can never be dispositive.

The term "refuse" has been properly set out and=20
defined in military dictionaries since the=20
1840's.  It is covered in detail in "Brains"=20
Hallecks writings and in Daniel Havey Hill's book=20
on basic tactics, both dating from the 1850's.  I=20
have no time for Merriam-Webster, which now=20
produces works more full of errors, apparently,=20
than facts -- come over to the Anglo-Saxon List,=20
where their entries are occasionally the subject=20
of protracted horror for their inadequacies and errors.

From: Jeff Kelley <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:50:21 -0700

...come over to the Anglo-Saxon List, > where their entries are occasionally the subject > of protracted horror for their inadequacies and errors.> > Marc>
Now there's an invitation! I've been longing for more protracted horror in my life.

Jeff
http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en- us&source=wlmailtagline

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:26:11 -0400
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Items FS 28 SEP 2007

TERMS:
Shipping charges extra
10-day MBG from receipt

Leica Items:

4.5/12cm E Leitz Micro Summar, clean glass, worn body,
with unknown adapter, E 300.00
Box for lens case ETBIX/14565 (50mm Summitar, Summicron,
         Summitar),
E                                                              25.00
E Leitz New York small box, marked "73151" (might be a Prewar
         number for an aperture-control device for a taking lens used
         on an enlarger), shop worn,
E-                                            10.00
Vivitar 252 Flash with M2/M3 cord,
E                                              25.00
CEYOO Flash Gun, FB, Instruction cards, test bulb,
E                              50.00
Leitz A36 SL filter, some discoloration, plastic keeper,
E                        10.00
Leitz Projection Lens Calculator, no Leitz number, E (have two
copies)            25.00
Original German-language Leicaflex SL-2 Brochure, the suppressed
         'Nipple' version, Leitz Brochure 111-102, 9/74, E
         (have four
copies)                                                        40.00
Morgan, Willard D., Henry M. Lestr, et alii. The Leica Manual. Reprint
         of 1st (1935) edition.  Dobbs Ferry, New York: Morgan &
         Morgan, 1977.  ISBN 0-87100-118-7.  DJ,
E+.                       30.00

Zeiss and Zeiss-Ikon Items:
4.5/4.5cm Carl Zeiss Jena Mikrotar 227936, does not
         focus
properly 150.00 Voigtlander Zoomar Depth-of-Field Calculator, E 75.00 Lens hood, 37 (?)mm female threads, 391/70, E 40.00 Lens hood, 40.5mm female threads, 1113, E (20.0704 for Ikonta?) 40.00
Three generic telephoto rear lens caps for Contax, 20.0610,
E                     20.00 ea
Carl Zeiss S40.5 1m Proxar,
E                                                     10.00
Carl Zeiss S40.5 1m Proxar, FB and plastic keeper, all
E                          15.00
Carl Zeiss S4.0.5 0.5m Proxar, FB and plastic keeper, all
E                       15.00

Rolleiflex Items:
Rollei E15B flash IB,
E                                                           20.00

Display or Darkroom Items:
Ilford loader for spooling film from 35mm cassette onto
         Ilford Auto-Winder spool,  one spool in box, and
         Ilford Darkroom tank with one Auto-Winder
         spool,
E+ 35.00
Kindermann 16mm reel in box,
LN                                            18.00
Nikor 35mm tank w/reel,
E                                                          20.00

Miscellany:
Sekonic Auto-Lumi selenium meter, Model L-158,
E                                  25.00
Accura Expomat light meter, leather ERC, light cone,
         working condition unknown,
E                                              20.00
3.5/37.5 Rodenstock-Eutelon cine lens, 4475275, caps, E 35.00
2X JSK Longar 5314843 cine lens, caps,
E                                          35.00
Alpa T-Mount Adapter,
E-                                                          25.00
Sears 8465 tripod,
E                                                              25.00
Flash Kodaguide,
E 5.00
Kodak Projection Print Scale, FB,
E                                                 5.00
Canon Canonet QL-19 w/case, E 60.00
Kodak Jiffy Series II in worn, torn, and incomplete box,
E                        25.00
Schulz, Alexander.  SPIEGEL-CONTAX.  Lindemann's Verlag 2000.
         E+ condition.  NOTE:  Text is in
German.                                  20.00
70mm 15 foot (4.5m) cassette, E (I have five for
sale)                            10.00 each
Graflex 70mm back,
E                                                              50.00
B+W Series VII 010 Filter, Leitz plastic case,
E                                  30.00
Agfa Viking, f/6.3 Agfa Viking lens, FB, IB, box shopworn,
         otherwise
E+/M-                                                           15.00
Agfa Readyset Special, Readyset lens, worn and torn FB,
E-.                       15.00
Kodak Autographic 3A w/B&L f/6.3 No. 4 Anastigmat lens, s/n
         3161263, in Kodamatic shutter, overall condition E,
         but with serious
leather-peeling                                                  50.00
Kodak Cine-Kodak Eight, Model 25, E + 25.00
Kodak Instamatic X-90,
E                                                          25.00
Kodak Junior Vigilant Six-20, difficulty locking front standard
         into position,
E-                                                         15.00
Kodak Pocket Instamatic 100, vinyl ERC 10.00 Sears Seroco 4" by 5" folding plate camera kit, including camera in E+ c ondition (Seroco lens in Wollensak shutter), four film holders,
         two missing dark
slides                                                         175.00
Seneca Boy Scout 2A,
E-                                                           12.00

Dark-Room Items:
Schneider 4/50 Componon enlarging lens 9074658,
E                                 60.00
Schneider 5.6/80 Componon enlarging lens 11840738, M39 adapter, E 60.00

Marc

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:25:56 -0400
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] NEW ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS:  PLEASE READ!

List Folks:

Several things of merit need attention by us all from time to time:

a)  This is a Rollei List, not a general photography list.  I don't
mind an occasional wandering off-topic, but I would ask that we keep
such diversions to a bare minimum.  If it doesn't involve the care
and feeding of Rollei cameras, I would suggest that the topic be
taken up elsewhere. And, PLEASE!  Every off-topic comment should be
so marked in the SUBJECT block by adding, at the
beginning:  OFF-TOPIC so the unwary can be alerted and read or delete
as they wish.

b)  PLEASE change the subject block when a thread grows away from its
original subject matter.  That is, a thread might begin, honestly
enough, marked with a subject heading of OLD STANDARD ROLLEIFLEX
LENSES but the topic might shift, over days, to coverage of modern
Xenotar lens design. When this happens, please have the courtesy to
your fellow list members to change the subject block to:  MODERN
XENOTAR LENS DESIGN or somesuch.

c) When those taking the digest respond, PLEASE reset the subject block!

d)  Please be careful to trim the quoted text in the message to which
you are replying.  That is, please block-and-cut or whatever your
software requires to reduce the quoted text to the bare minimum
necessary to maintain continuity.  Most of you are already doing this
quite nicely, but it would be best if we all were quite conscientious
in doing so!

e)  Should you be out of the loop for a few days, pray, do NOT use an
auto-response message of any sort, or I will simply unsubscribe
you!  Such messages will be replayed, ad nauseam, to the entire
list.  Please unsubscribe if you must for the period you will be gone.

f)   Please send your messages in plain-text only.  HTML and similar
codings are NOT looked on with favor by the undersigned!

g)  Thankfully, we are a polite and communal lot, so I will only say
that we have never experienced the sort of flaming agonies which
occasionally afflict other lists.  I would like to see this collegial
spirit of good-will and honest debate continue.  To that end, please
remember that postings to the Rollei List are in the nature of
conversations between good friends, and these ought not be repeated
outside the List without the explicit permission of the original
poster.  If you disagree with something someone has said, then this
should be taken up directly with that person either on-List or by
direct off-List contact.

h)  Archives for traffic during the Rollei List's tenure on MEJAC are
available at  http://homepage.mac.com/fwstutterheim/rugarchives/

i) Frequently asked/answered questions (FAQ) sites:

http://www.stutterheim.nl/rollei/faq.html
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/3762/Rollei/index.html

j)  WTB/FS ads are to be posted on Fridays, your time, only.  This is
a different rule than that employed on other Lists such as the LUG
(whenever it is Friday somewhere in the world) or the IDCC (every
other Wednesday).

Marc James Small
Rollei List Administrator

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:25:51 -0400
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Erwin Puts Leica CD-Rom

I am the American agent for Erwin Puts' estimable=20
CD-Rom of Leica documents.  The original=20
production run is long sold out, but I can supply=20
burned copies in a jewel case for $US 15, with=20
postage of $5.00 to the US, $10.00 to Canada, and=20
at actual cost elsewhere in the Americas.

This CD-ROM includes 170 Leitz documents,=20
covering the Leica models from 1925 to 1965, both threadmount and for the
M1,2, & 3, with accessories.  The documents are=20
in Adobe Acrobat format, and can be printed out=20
as needed.  The documents come from the Leica=20
archives and are reproduced by permission.  (The=20
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available at no charge on the 'Net.)

This is an invaluable tool for those interested in Leica history.
Pricelists, instruction books, and marketing information are included. The
swathe of history included is immense;  the technical information is
outstanding.

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:25:54 -0400
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] FS:  A Book on Non-Leitz LTM Lenses

My book, NON-LEITZ LTM LENSES:  A 39mm DIVERSITY,=20
has finally gone out of print.  I received=20
yesterday the final shipment of the books Dr=20
Wittig had.  The book remains available for=20
reprint but this seems unlikely.  This work was=20
written in the early 1990's and is no longer the=20
final word, as we have had a lot of research,=20
especially on Soviet/Post-Soviet lenses.  But it=20
is still the only work of its kind and is the=20
single source for the state of our knowledge as=20
of the date of its publication.  (SOMEDAY, I'll=20
do a Second Edition, but only if some of you guys=20
stop discovering new matters I ought to include!)

These books are new stock.  They will be=20
autographed and will include an interim Errata et Corrigenda sheet.

The price is $US35 for those in the US and Canada=20
and $US 40 to those in the rest of the universe,=20
and, yes, I've already sold several copies to=20
those three-legged guys on Mars.  <he grins>

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:35:08 -0400
From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>

T0ssIE1hcmMsIEknbGwgdHJ5IHRoaXMgYWdhaW4uLi4KCj4gTG9va3MgbGlrZSB5b3Ugbm VlZCB0 byBpbmZvcm0gdGhlIE1lcnJpYW0tV2Vic3RlciBwZW9wbGUsIHdobyBwcm92aWRlZCB0aG UgZGVm aW5pdGlvbiBhbmQKPiBkZXJpdmF0aW9uLi4uCgpXaGVyZSBpbiB0aGF0IHNlbnRlbmNlIG lzIHRo ZXJlIGEgc3VnZ2VzdGlvbiB0aGF0IGRpY3Rpb25hcmllcyBhcmUKZGlzcG9zaXRpdmU/ IEkgYWdy ZWUgd2l0aCB5b3UsIFRvbGtlaW4sIGFuZCBteSBncmFkZSBzY2hvb2wgdGVhY2hlcgpNcn MuIFN0 YW50b24sIHdobyBmaXJzdCBjbHVlZCBtZSBpbnRvIHRoZSBwb2ludCB5b3UgYXJlIG1ha2 luZy4K CkFzIGZvciByZXZpc2l0aW5nIG15IGxpYnJhcnksIEkgYW0gbW9zdCBmb3J0dW5hdGUuLi 4gdGhl IGJlYXV0aWZ1bGx5CnJlc3RvcmVkIG1haW4gYnJhbmNoIG9mIHRoZSBCcm9va2xpbmUgKE 1BKSB0 b3duIGxpYnJhcnkgaXMgd2l0aGluCndhbGtpbmcgZGlzdGFuY2Ugb2Ygb3VyIGhvdXNlLC BhbmQg SSdtIHRoZXJlIHNldmVyYWwgdGltZXMgYSB3ZWVrLi4uCklmIHlvdSBldmVyIG1ha2UgaW YgdXAg dGhpcyB3YXkgcGxlYXNlIGpvaW4gbWUuLi4KCgpFcmljIEdvbGRzdGVpbgoKT24gOS8yOC 8wNywg TWFyYyBKYW1lcyBTbWFsbCA8bWFyY3NtYWxsQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0PiB3cm90ZToKPiBBdC AxMjo1 NyBQTSA5LzI4LzIwMDcsIEVyaWMgR29sZHN0ZWluIHdyb3RlOgo+ICA +TG9va3MgbGlrZSB5b3Ug bmVlZCB0byBpbmZvcm0gdGhlIE1lcnJpYW0tV2Vic3RlciBwZW9wbGUsIHdobyBwcm92aW RlZAo+ ICA+dGhlIGRlZmluaXRpb24gYW5kIGRlcml2YXRpb24uLi4KPgo+IEVyaWMKPgo +IEkgd291bGQg c3VnZ2VzdCB0aGF0IHlvdSByZXZpc2l0IHlvdXIgbGlicmFyeSBhbmQKPiBkaWcgb3V0IH RoZSBu b3RlcyBUb2xraWVuIG1hZGUgd2hpbGUgc2VydmluZyBhcyBhCj4gY29udHJpYnV0aW5nIG VkaXRv ciB0byB0aGUgT0VELiAgSGUgcmVjb2duaXplZAo +IHRoYXQgZGljdGlvbmFyeSBkZWZpbml0aW9u cyBjYW4gYmUgaGVscGZ1bCBidXQgY2FuIG5ldmVyIGJlIGRpc3Bvc2l0aXZlLgo +Cj4gVGhlIHRl cm0gInJlZnVzZSIgaGFzIGJlZW4gcHJvcGVybHkgc2V0IG91dCBhbmQKPiBkZWZpbmVkIG luIG1p bGl0YXJ5IGRpY3Rpb25hcmllcyBzaW5jZSB0aGUKPiAxODQwJ3MuICBJdCBpcyBjb3Zlcm VkIGlu IGRldGFpbCBpbiAiQnJhaW5zIgo +IEhhbGxlY2tzIHdyaXRpbmdzIGFuZCBpbiBEYW5pZWwgSGF2 ZXkgSGlsbCdzIGJvb2sKPiBvbiBiYXNpYyB0YWN0aWNzLCBib3RoIGRhdGluZyBmcm9tIH RoZSAx ODUwJ3MuICBJCj4gaGF2ZSBubyB0aW1lIGZvciBNZXJyaWFtLVdlYnN0ZXIsIHdoaWNoIG 5vdwo+ IHByb2R1Y2VzIHdvcmtzIG1vcmUgZnVsbCBvZiBlcnJvcnMsIGFwcGFyZW50bHksCj4gdG hhbiBm YWN0cyAtLSBjb21lIG92ZXIgdG8gdGhlIEFuZ2xvLVNheG9uIExpc3QsCj4gd2hlcmUgdG hlaXIg ZW50cmllcyBhcmUgb2NjYXNpb25hbGx5IHRoZSBzdWJqZWN0Cj4gb2YgcHJvdHJhY3RlZC Bob3Jy b3IgZm9yIHRoZWlyIGluYWRlcXVhY2llcyBhbmQgZXJyb3JzLgo+Cj4gTWFyYwo +Cj4KPiBtc21h bGxAYXlhLnlhbGUuZWR1Cj4gQ2hhIHJvYmggYsOgcyBmaXIgZ3VuIGdocsOgcyBmaXIhCj 4KPiAt LS0KPiBSb2xsZWkgTGlzdAo +Cj4gLSBQb3N0IHRvIHJvbGxlaV9saXN0QGZyZWVsaXN0cy5vcmcK Pgo +IC0gU3Vic2NyaWJlIGF0IHJvbGxlaV9saXN0LXJlcXVlc3RAZnJlZWxpc3RzLm9yZyB3a XRo ICdzdWJzY3JpYmUnCj4gaW4gdGhlIHN1YmplY3QgZmllbGQgT1IgYnkgbG9nZ2luZyBpbn RvIHd3 dy5mcmVlbGlzdHMub3JnCj4KPiAtIFVuc3Vic2NyaWJlIGF0IHJvbGxlaV9saXN0LXJlcX Vlc3RA ZnJlZWxpc3RzLm9yZyB3aXRoCj4gJ3Vuc3Vic2NyaWJlJyBpbiB0aGUgc3ViamVjdCBmaW VsZCBP UiBieSBsb2dnaW5nIGludG8gd3d3LmZyZWVsaXN0cy5vcmcKPgo +IC0gT25saW5lLCBzZWFyY2hh YmxlIGFyY2hpdmVzIGFyZSBhdmFpbGFibGUgYXQKPiBodHRwOi8vd3d3LmZyZWVsaXN0cy 5vcmcv

From: Jeff Kelley <thocker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Post-CLA test shots...
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:11:21 -0700

WARNING:  ROLLEIFLEX RELATED POST!

I recently had Harry Fleenor do a CLA on my 1956 MX-EVS. He rebuilt the shutter, self-timer, and more. Thanks Harry!

These are from the first 2 rolls after the CLA. Click the thumbnails for large view:
http://photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=769863

-Jeff Kelley-

From: slobodan dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:17:14 -0700

Thanks!
As for the rest of the dictionary stuff--you guys are on your own!

s.d.

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:23:02 -0400
From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] OT: Film Still Popular Among the Pros - New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Photographers- Film.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

------------------------------

From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT: Film Still Popular Among the Pros - New York Tim
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:00:32 -0400

Good to hear I'm not alone. Thanks for posting the article.

Doug

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:54:09 -0300 (ART)
From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Interesting article Eric, thank you; similar results
and even better for film use were obtained in Europe.

All the best
Carlos

--- Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Photographers- Film.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe'
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
into www.freelists.org

Las últimas noticias sobre el Mundial de Rugby 2007 están en Yahoo! Deportes. ¡Conocelas!
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/mundialderugby

------------------------------

From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:41:57 -0400

This is refreshing to hear. =20

Rob

Interesting article Eric, thank you; similar results
and even better for film use were obtained in Europe.

All the best
Carlos=20

--- Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> escribi=F3:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Photographers- Film.html?_r=3D=
1&o
ref=3Dslogin
=20
- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
=20
- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with 'subscribe'=20
in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org
=20
- Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with=20
'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
into www.freelists.org
=20
=20
=20

Las =FAltimas noticias sobre el Mundial de Rugby 2007 est=E1n en =
Yahoo!
Deportes. =A1Conocelas!
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/mundialderugby

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'=20