[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list .. #242..."Bokeh"

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:15:38 +0000 (GMT)

Yes, I wrote about an impression, I was thinking about
no regular backgrounds like a dense foliage receiving
the direct sunlight or a clear background mixing light
and shadows; I have no doubt there is no difference
for regular backgrounds like a brick wall receiving an
uniform illumination.
There are some interesting tests about lenses "bokeh"
in the Web, however I couldn't find a direct "bokeh"
comparison between Xenotars and Planars used in the
TLR; I could do one but IMO it is necessary to use the
same roll to avoid some development difference, it
requires to use tripod and identical subject and
exposure and to change the roll film from one camera
into the other in the darkroom;perhaps I'll do it but
I doubt about this kind of tests usefulness to
establish a general conclusion, perhaps it could be
useful to compare the specific lenses used for the
test...
This is a web site with some bokeh tests and opinions:

http://www.rickdenney.com/bokeh_test.htm

All the best
Carlos

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.