[rollei_list] Re: question on operating ...C and D differences

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:32:45 -0300 (ART)

--- Craig Semetko <csemetko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> >>  Buy the 2,8D.
>
> Is the only difference between the "C" and the "D"
> the EVS system? Not
> sure what that does, exactly, nor if I need it.

The differences are:

1)The EVS system. The C does not have an EVSystem, the
D has it.The Exposure Values System allows you to
change f and shutter speeds settings maintaining
identical light exposure for the film according the
Exposure Value you chose previously. The EVS system
development knew three steps. You can find these three
steps in the Rolleiflex 3.5B or MX-EVS camera, the
2.8D has the last version.(I wrote an explanation
about the three steps differences last year, I'll post
it again afterwards)
It is a mechanical refinement, however it is not
necessary to take a good photograph, it's your choice,
I need not the EVS.

2)The C has a metal round tab behind the diaphragm and
shutter speeds wheels, they lock the selected wheels
positions to avoid a change by accident, it's
necessary a slight pressure on the wheels to unlock
them. These tabs also are a mechanical refinement,
they are effective, however they could be an annoyance
to take a photograph under a difficult position for
the photographer if you need to change the selector
wheels positions, this situation is very rare but it
happened to me once. The D has not these tabs.-

3)The C has plastic levers to lock the shutter release
and the flash cord. The D has metal levers for this
purpose. Rollei received customers complaints for the
C plastic lever even during the C production, that was
the reason they were changed in the D. IMO this is a
minimal detail, the plastic lever for the shutter
release is alive yet in my 2.8C, however I broke the
platic lever to lock the flash cord last year, it has
not the minimal importance for me.
The C is not a perfect camera, but it is solid and
reliable, I like it very much.-

All the best

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar