[rollei_list] Re: lens recoating source (Off Topic)

  • From: Ruddy Roye <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 01:27:50 -0400

Thanks Craig
BTW did a 7 year stretch in DC
Lived on 18th street for 3 and Adams Mill Road for another 4
Went to college in Baltimore.
Visited recently--maan it has changed.
Don't know if the juice there could sustain my photography appetite though so I commend you.

Thanks again

On May 12, 2006, at 1:24 AM, Craig Roberts wrote:

To Ruddy:

Recoating is done by John Van Stelten (http://www.focalpointlens.com/fp_intro.html ). He has recoated several of my lenses (Zeiss and Leitz) and has rebuilt a Leica M3 rangefinder for me as well. All the work was expertly done, quickly accomplished and reasonably priced. John's a nice fella, too. It should be mentioned that his recoatings are single coatings -- not multicoatings like the originals.
Craig
Washington, DC

www.royephotography.com
Portrait and Editorial Photographer