[rollei_list] Re: ... it was cheap scanner...OT Windows 10

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 14:23:31 -0700

No indication of user fees. Perhaps for the professional version but Microsoft has never charged for keeping operating systems upgraded. I think the reason Win 10 is free for many users is that there a lot of machines running Win 8 with unhappy users. It seems to be a fix rather than a new OS. One comment on the web site Carlos links to is that Win 8 is better for professional users and Win 10 is for kids but the writer is not specific. I wonder what exactly he is talking about. Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks who make out they are software experts that really don't know much. I wonder how many bug fixes are in Win 10. Offering it free may be a good way for Microsoft to save themselves a lot of future trouble. I just wish they still supported Xp, which is a quite satisfactory OS.

On 8/1/2015 2:03 PM, Cmfreaza wrote:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2873214/windows/windows-10-will-be-a-free-upgrade-for-windows-7-and-8-users.html

From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx