[rollei_list] Re: doomed darkrooms`

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:20:12 -0400

One would hope that darkrooms aren't doomed, just as one would hope that digital cameras and printers are not doomed. To date, my darkroom has survived longer than one of my excellent Epson printers which is now obsolete. Will my digital cameras be passe before my darkroom? My guess is that they will be. Will I be able to print my negatives long after I am no longer able to access my digital files because technology has changed. My guess is that they will be. I may well be wrong. I hope all these forms of creativity continue.

Doug