[rollei_list] Re: X-act to 6006 magazine adaption

  • From: "Frank Deutschmann" <frank.deutschmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:35:00 +0000

John, thanks very much - and the pics are clear and helpful....  Now to
scrounge up a (relatively) cheap(er) magazine....

Thanks!

-frank (mobile: +1 203 962 3834)

From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:06:19 +0100
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ReplyTo: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Is this the rarest lens for the Rolleiflex SL 66?
Ewe,

I have not seen your photo – I cannot get onto the Google Mail site yet.

I am guessing that it is the film plane adapter (pair of film rollers) which is
removed when using the 4560 and digital backs. These have their own film plane
registration, so the adapter must be removed, whereas the 6x6 backs do not and
the film is held against these rollers. I expect, if that is what is missing,
that the previous owner used a digital back and removed it or else, if the
camera was supplied as part of the digital bundle, it may not have been
included at all.

The adapter feels flimsy and I guess can be easily broken when removed or
inserted. It is held in place by four pins. I bought one for my X-act -
designed for the 4560 and digital backs - a few years ago from F&H so I could
use a 6006 back (which I modified to have a manual film wind). There is little
mention of it in the instructions (6008i) nor for the X-act. I think it is only
mentioned in the 4560 instructions.

John

On 26/09/2012 16:20, "Uwe Wolfgang Steinke" <paintingwithlenses@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

It looks like a real "want to have" - I'd have to sell my car, though;)
For my 6008AF I "found" a 2,8/180 Xenotar AF (!) at an incredible price - no
one really understood what the lens was worth it seemed, so maybe the lens
found me...
Is that the same kind of build or not?

(sorry - off topic now)
On the other hand, I always had trouble with the sharpness, sent the AF plus my
two AF lenses to DHW, they adjusted the camera, repaired the 2,8/80 Xenotar and
didn't want to touch the 2,8/180 Xenotar (why, I don't know). The set came back
and it seemed to be worse - my neighbor - who in fact had infected me with the
Rollei-itis;) - and me discussed that this morning and took a closer look at
the film-plane (or whatever it's called): one part is missing completely! The
film is somewhere, but not where it should be - was DHW blind? You can't
actually lose it....
I guess the seller from Bratislava had it with the 6008AF and sold it to a low
price because of that, maybe not knowing himself, what was wrong.

I wrote to DHW today - let's see if they ever looked carefully enough - and if
they have spare parts!
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/2/?ui=2&ik=835d893b80&view=att&th=13a031e97557ce18&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=841617cc331ea8cf_0.1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-mUMQ0TuMM7qniOMJs0WFT&sadet=1348672117068&sads=_OeXQ2HFPhyaJaUuT9lEadDzZIs&sadssc=1

The left camera is my AF and the right one is the Professional SRC 1000 - note
the difference concerning the rear "shutter".

(on topic again)
Talking about the Aero-Xenotar -  if I'd had the money, this would surely be
mine:)
My SL66 isn't so reliable I'd say, but just real fun to take photos with.

Uwe
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

2012/9/26 Vick Ko <vick.ko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wow, so, is it true? Only three in existence?
The 150/2.8 Xenotar is common in LF circles
Is it the same formula?

Vick

On 9/26/2012 6:44 AM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
The seller says you'll never see this lens again, it's the Schneider
Aero-Xenotar 2,8/150 with mount for the Rolleiflex SL 66, the lens was
made for extreme sharpness on infinity, Schneider manufactured three
prototypes only, it seems it was very expensive for series production
(there is an English text after the German text), but I still think
the never seen Planar 2/120 is the rarest lens for the SL 66:

http://tiny.cc/4fn8kw

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  with 'subscribe'
<//www.freelists.org>