[rollei_list] Re: Wollensak Optical Quality

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:59:14 -0700

Marc,

I find it hard to believe that Woolensock singled me out to be the sole
recipient of all their rejects.  Whether it be a 2 inch FL enlarging lens
to a 127mm lens in Graphex shutter and everything in between.. I was
the only person to get the bad ones?  I dinna ken that.

Why was it that all the Kodak lenses that I had, in the same time frame
were superb?  From the 3 inch Enlarging Ektar (the 5 element one) to
the 6 inch f7.7 Ektar, they were winners (literally, I won contests with the
prints or slides from all of them)

Wollensak did make nice binoculars and loupes.

Jerry