[rollei_list] Re: WKHR

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:00:44 -0800

Marc,

WKHR is certainly not the only non-NPR publicly-supported radio station; there are the Pacifica stations, KPFK, KPFA, and WBAI. Although if you think NPR is Bolshevik [which IMO is ridiculous], I don't know what you'd make of those three, which really are quite far to the left. I used to listen to WBAI, here in New York, but find it's politics too strident, even when I agree . I do listen to the three local NPR stations though. You wouldn't like WNYC, which is all news and talk, but you just might enjoy WBGO (jazz) and WQXR (classical)--you could ignore the occasional short NPR newscasts.

Bob Marvin